Gearjammers Chili Verde
Gearjammers Chili Verde, a hot green chili with tomatillos and serrano peppers, not thickened.
Author: Robert Dyer
Recipe type: green chili
- 2 pounds pork (loin preferred)
- ¾ pound of chopped mild green chiles, roasted and cleaned
- ½ pound of cubed hot green New Mexico chiles, roasted and cleaned
- ¼ of a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 medium green onions (white part only), finely chopped
- 5 medium tomatillos, chopped
- 7 large serrano peppers, finely chopped with no seeds
- 2 ounces of finely chopped garlic
- 12 ounces of your favorite green chili sauce
- 14 ounces of chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- Brown meat and drain any fat, 1 pound at a time. Add all other ingredients except ¼ pound of hot chiles and 1 teaspoon of salt. Simmer on medium for 1½ hours.
- Add the rest of the green chiles, chopped hot peppers and the rest of the salt (if needed). Cook on low simmer for ½ hour.
- Serve with white beans and flour tortillas.