|Gearjammers Chili Verde || ||
Recipe type: green chili
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
Gearjammers Chili Verde, a hot green chili with tomatillos and serrano peppers, not thickened.
- 2 pounds pork (loin preferred)
- 3/4 pound of chopped mild green chiles, roasted and cleaned
- 1/2 pound of cubed hot green New Mexico chiles, roasted and cleaned
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 medium green onions (white part only), finely chopped
- 5 medium tomatillos, chopped
- 7 large serrano peppers, finely chopped with no seeds
- 2 ounces of finely chopped garlic
- 12 ounces of your favorite green chili sauce
- 14 ounces of chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- Brown meat and drain any fat, 1 pound at a time. Add all other ingredients except 1/4 pound of hot chiles and 1 teaspoon of salt. Simmer on medium for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the rest of the green chiles, chopped hot peppers and the rest of the salt (if needed). Cook on low simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Serve with white beans and flour tortillas.
Recipe by Denver Green Chili at http://denvergreenchili.com/award-winning-recipes/champion-green-chili/champion-green-chili-2003/