Broncos Nachos are one of the most popular of our game day recipes in our Super Bowl Favorite Recipes eCookbook. Download this free cookbook here for lots more for Super Bowl Sunday! Or click on image above.
The meat in this takes it over the top – yummy flavor with lots of garlic! Then you get to top the nachos with melted cheese and whatever else you want.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 large (or 12 medium) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced green chiles (hot)
- ½ to 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp red chile flakes
- 1 bag tortilla chips (or taco shells or tortillas for soft tacos)
- 1 2-lb Kroger Nice'n Cheesy Queso Blanco with Jalapenos (or Velveeta regular or white)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Toppings: olives, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped avocado
- Cut block of Queso Blanco into chunks and place with diced tomatoes and chiles in slow cooker or saucepan on stove over medium-low heat to melt.
- Brown the meat with the garlic and onion. Drain.
- Add the salt, pepper, red chile flakes, and diced green chiles and cook another 2 minutes, mixing throroughly and adjusting seasoning to taste.
- If serving on a buffet, transfer meat to slow cooker and place on buffet table with serving spoon. Likewise, the Queso Blanco should also be in a slow cooker on the table with serving spoon.
- The toppings should be in serving bowls on the table so people can assemble their own nachos or tacos.
- If assembling yourself, spread tortilla chips on a serving platter or individual plates. Sprinkle meat on top, then pour the queso over. Sprinkle desired toppings over and serve.