How to do Anything with Green Chiles
(or you’re going to do what?)
Selecting and Buying Green Chiles
- Intro to Green Chiles – why cook with green chiles and what you need to know to get started
- Varieties of Green Chiles – A guide to the most popular varieties that make up over 80% of chile sales.
- How Hot are Green Chiles – This is a chart showing the different chile varieties and the level of heat for each in Scoville Units
- Green Chile FAQs – Commonly asked questions about green chiles
- Getting Chiles Shipped – How to buy green chiles to be shipped to your door
Handling, Roasting, and Storing Green Chiles
- How to Roast Green Chiles with a Roaster – Most people don’t have a roaster, but those who do usually have a neighborhood party where they roast chiles. The aroma is amazing.
- How to Roast Green Chiles without a Roaster – It’s a lot more work than having a bushel roasted for you, but you may want to try it.
- How to Freeze Green Chiles – With proper freezing you will have flavorful chiles at your fingertips all year round.
- Freezer Bags for Chiles – With the right freezer bags, your green chiles will last and keep their awesome flavor for over a year.
- Chili Pepper Safety – Don’t leave your chiles out and invite botulism! Here are the steps to ensure your chles are safe to eat.
- How to Transport Chiles on an Airplane – Traveling from New Mexico or Colorado across country? It’s easy to carry frozen chiles with you safely if you know how.
- Pros and Cons of Shipping Frozen Chiles – Need to send green chiles across country? Here is exactly what you need to know.
Cooking with Green Chiles
- How to Tone Down the Heat in a Dish – Uh-oh….put too many dynamites in that chile verde? Here’s how to cool it off a bit