I’m taking this to a Christmas party tonight! This is a favorite for spreading on bagels, though I’m serving it with celery sticks, Ritz crackers, and a sliced sourdough baguette. Very versatile! It’s similar to Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese, the top-rated flavor in our house. Plus it conveniently keeps for about a month.
This is also very easy to make – just finely chop many veggies in a food processor and blend … then store in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors blend. I used some of the finely diced red and green bell peppers for garnish – fits the holiday spirit, doesn’t it?
Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup diced green chiles
- dash of salt
- Dump all ingredients except the cream cheese into a food processor and pulse till the veggies are about as finely minced as you'd like. Set aside a few tablespoons of this veggie mixture to use for garnish.
- Add the cream cheese and salt and pulse to desired consistency.
- Transfer into a covered container and store in the fridge for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with bagels, celery sticks, crackers, chips or whatever you'd like; garnish with the extra minced veggies if you wish.