This is one of my all-time favorites – and perfect to take to a party. Simple with a sweet-hot exceptional green chile taste. It’s great served on a slab of brie or cream cheese with crackers or slices of a French baguette. Plus it keeps for months.
I’ll be taking this to a party tonight with a block of cream cheese and Ritz crackers. For the holidays, I like to garnish it with cranberries; I just boil them till they’re soft. This takes maybe 10 minutes prep time total, but makes an elegant appetizer ideal for a buffet. In the meantime, I keep eating it straight out of the crock pot. Gotta stop that. This one is just very hard to resist.
So … try it! I’m betting many of you will be adding this to your favorites file.
- 2 cups diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup diced onion
- optional: cream cheese or brie, and crackers or baguette French bread slices
- Put all ingredients in crock pot & cook on low for 4 hours. Turn crockpot off to let the chutney
- cool down.
- Serve as a condiment, a dip with chips or crackers or with cheese as an appetizer.
- For an elegant appetizer, place brie or cream on a serving platter, microwave for 15 seconds, top with the Green Chile Chutney and serve with crackers or baguette slices.