Bacon Chile Appetizers
Author: Anita Edge
Recipe type: Appetizer
This is our most requested recipe ever. It is quick and simple to make, looks gorgeous, and everybody loves it. You just can't beat chiles, bacon, with a touch of sweet. These have disappeared within 5 minutes every time I've taken them to a party.
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 rounded tbsp dark brown sugar
- ½ cup diced green chiles, medium hot
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages phyllo cups (15 cups each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fry bacon in a skillet until starting to crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Pour bacon fat into a container.
- Return 3 tbsp of the bacon fat to the skillet. Sautee onions until soft, then add garlic powder, vinegar, and green chiles. Add bacon and reduce to a thick, caramelized consistency.
- Place phyllo cups in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Heap each cup with shredded cheese. Note: cheese will shrink down
- quite a bit. Top each cup with about ½ tsp of the bacon mixture.
- Heat in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can
- also pop these in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.