This is a classic favorite, great for any get together and especially game day parties. I’m taking this to a Christmas Eve family gathering.
I bought the lump crabmeat at Costco. It comes in 1 pound tubs for about $16. Okay, it’s not cheap. I’ve used the imitation crab and it’s just not the same. Of course, anything with this combination of ingredients is going to taste pretty good (and it’s great for the diet), but it’s worth using the real thing. I also used a hot green chile. If you are using a mild chile, taste it before putting it in the baking dish – you may want to add more chiles, perhaps even doubling the amount.
On a diet? Just serve it with celery sticks. That makes it a diet dish, right???
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Old Bay® Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Coleman's® Mustard, Ground
- ¼ cup diced green chiles
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, Old Bay Seasoning and ground mustard in medium bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in chiles and crabmeat.
- Spread in shallow 1½-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with assorted crackers or sliced sourdough bread.