I knew before I made this that it would be a winner … and it is! My 19 year old son gave it 2 thumbs up and wants me to make it again … and again. You can’t beat this for convenience. I used frozen potatoes and part of a jar of 505 Queso Dip – both keep for 6 months or more. Just mix the two, spread in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Voila!
505 Southwestern just sent me this queso to try out and review. It’s a new product and has been on the shelves at King Soopers for about 2 months. First taste it seemed like a classic queso, but then I found myself just eating it out of the jar. It’s addictive!
Note: These potatoes are nothing but cubed potatoes, frozen. Nothing added.
- 4 cups thawed Kroger Southern Style Hash Browns (4½ cups if still frozen)
- ⅔ cup 505 Southwestern Medium Green Chile Quesa Dip
- 1 cup diced tomato, for garnish
- 3 sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thaw potatoes.
- Spray 9" x 9" baking dish (or equivalent) lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, blend queso and potatoes to thoroughly coat potatoes. Spread evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until starting to brown on top.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and green onions on top for garnish and serve.