|Bacon Chile Appetizers||
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 rounded tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup diced green chiles, medium hot
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages phyllo cups (15 cups each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fry bacon in a skillet until starting to crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Pour bacon fat into a container.
- Return 3 tbsp of the bacon fat to the skillet. Sautee onions until soft, then add garlic powder, vinegar, and green chiles. Add bacon and reduce to a thick, caramelized consistency.
- Place phyllo cups in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Heap each cup with shredded cheese. Note: cheese will shrink down
- quite a bit. Top each cup with about 1/2 tsp of the bacon mixture.
- Heat in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can
- also pop these in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.