So easy, and so good! My family has been making this for years, and I rarely venture into trying other beef stew recipes. Why, when this one’s hard to top??
Freezes well, too. Plus, I’m venturing into other ways to serve it. Check out my Beef Stew Quesdadillas that my son came up with – fabulous, fat, quesadilla-as-a-meal.
- 2 lbs stew beef, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups diced potatoes or yams
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups sliced or diced carrots
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 5 tbsp tapioca
- 3 cups V-8 Juice
- Place each ingredient (in layers) in the order specified into a 5+ quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir and serve. Top with shredded cheese if desired.