Recipe type: green chili
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 30 mins
A simple, straightforward recipe.
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 14 oz. Swanson chicken broth
- 10 oz can or bottle of green salsa
- 2 1/2 cups diced green chiles
- Spice Mix Ingredients:
- 3 tsp garlic (minced or mashed)
- 2 ½ Tbsp chicken base (bouillon)
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried cilantro (Pendries powder or 3 Tbsp fresh finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp green chili powder
- *Tabasco (green)
- *Salt Salt to taste
- Cook additional 15-20 minutes
- Brown pork and drain.
- Add onion and chicken broth, then simmer 1 hour, stirring often to avoid sticking.
- Add spice mix and green chili salsa, then simmer 1 hour.
- Add diced green chiles, then add salt and tabasco to taste.
- Simmer another hour and serve.